Special Education & Kindergarten Education Division
Educational Psychologist I (EDB/SE&KG/113/15)
$62,677 per month
(a) A Hong Kong bachelor's degree in Psychology, or equivalent;
(b) A certificate in education from a Hong Kong tertiary educational institution, or equivalent [see Note 1];
(c) A Hong Kong Master's degree in Educational Psychology (Professional Practice), or equivalent [see Note 2];
(d) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent [see Note 3]; and
(e) 6 years as an Educational Psychologist (EP) in an educational setting after obtaining qualification (c) above [see Note 4].
1. Applicants without a certificate in education by the closing date of application may also apply. If selected, they will be appointed at a sub-entry point, i.e. starting at $32,670 per month, with one salary point awarded for each year of EP experience.
2. Current final year (2014/15) students of Master's degree in Educational Psychology (Professional Practice) with or without a certificate in education may also apply. However, the offer of appointment is subject to candidate's fulfillment of the required professional qualification on or before 1 September 2015. If selected, the successful candidate will be appointed at a sub-entry point, i.e. starting at $32,670 per month.
3. For appointment purpose, 'Grade C' and 'Grade E' in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to 'Level 3' and 'Level 2' respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
4. Applicants with less than 6 years of EP experience by the closing date of application may also apply. If selected, they will be appointed at a salary lower than that stipulated in the advertisement as determined individually by the Education Bureau.
5. Applicants should have obtained full membership of the Division of Educational Psychology of the Hong Kong Psychological Society or an equivalent status in an internationally recognised professional organization of Educational Psychology. Applicants who have submitted membership applications to the above professional organisations would also be considered.
(a) To provide psycho-educational assessment and intervention for students with learning, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties;
(b) To provide consultation and support to school personnel and parents on intervention strategies and appropriate educational provision to cater for students’ diverse educational needs;
(c) To support and develop schools to cater for students' diverse educational needs;
(d) To support schools in managing crises and critical incidents;
(e) To conduct training and sharing activities;
(f) To participate in research and resource development work;
(g) To assist Section Head in the planning, benchmarking, coordination, monitoring and development of educational psychology service; and
(h) To perform other duties as required.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be employed on non-civil service contract terms for 1 year.
(a) 14 days annual leave and full pay sickness allowance whereas rest days, statutory holidays(or substituted holidays), maternity leave, where appropriate, will be granted in accordance with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance. (b) A gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the contract with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. Such gratuity, if granted, plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, will be equal to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
(a) Please mark clearly the EDB Job Code and specific contract post applied for, e.g. Educational Psychologist I (EDB/SE&KG/113/15). (b) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise. (c) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race. (d) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service. (e) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made. (f) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview. (g) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria. (h) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/ Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address below.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Public Enquiry Service Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's web site (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Application should reach the following enquiry address (Educational Psychology Service (Hong Kong) Section, Education Bureau, Room 1702, 17/F, Crocodile Center, No.79 Hoi Yuen Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon.) on or before the closing date for application. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about six to eight weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. For enquiries, please call the telephone number indicated.
Educational Psychology Service (Hong Kong) Section, Education Bureau, Room 1702, 17/F, Crocodile Center, No.79 Hoi Yuen Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon.