Applicants should –
(1) be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region;
(2) be full-time students studying degree programmes as offered by local/non-local accredited post-secondary institutions;
(3) have completed the first year of study and not be students graduating in 2015;
(4) have obtained Level 3 or above in both Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) or equivalent (Note: for appointment purpose, “Grade C” in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in previous HKCEE is accepted administratively as comparable to “Level 3” in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth);
(5) be proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese; and
(6) be proficient in using Microsoft Office applications.
Summer interns are mainly deployed to -
(1) provide general administrative support on office administration;
(2) assist in the preparation and drafting of general correspondences;
(3) provide administrative support for organising ceremonies/functions/examinations/training programmes;
(4) assist in the editorial work of publications;
(5) assist in setting up computer systems for management of records and inventory.
Terms of Appointment:
Summer interns are engaged under non-civil service appointment. Employment period is from mid July to late August 2015. They are normally required to work 44 hours per week.
Rest day, statutory holidays, general holidays, sickness days, where appropriate, will be granted to successful candidates in line with the provisions in the Employment Ordinance.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend selection interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the mailing address as indicated.
(h) Interview will be held in Hong Kong. Candidates who are not invited for interview by late June 2015 may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
How to apply:
(a) Hong Kong students studying in local post-secondary institutions should apply through the Student Affairs Offices/Career Centres of their respective institutions. They are advised to note the deadlines set by the respective institutions.
(b) Students studying in non-local post-secondary institutions should send their covering letter and resume, together with copies of academic transcripts of current study and certificates of HKDSEE/HKCEE or equivalent, by post to the enquiry address below via their respective institutions or by themselves with the original copy of a reference letter issued by their respective institutions on or before 29.5.2015 (according to postmark). Please mark on the envelope “Application for Summer Intern”.
(c) Applicants are reminded to provide a valid email address to facilitate communication.
(d) Applications which are late, incomplete or without copies of the required documents will not be considered.
General Grades Office, 7/F, Central Government Offices, 2 Tim Mei Avenue, Tamar, Hong Kong (Attn. E(G)E)