Applicants should –
(1) be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region;
(2) be full-time students studying degree programmes as offered by local/non-local accredited post-secondary institutions;
(3) with major in social sciences, preferably government and public administration related studies;
(4) be in the penultimate year of study;
(5) have obtained Level 3 or above in both Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) or equivalent (Note: for appointment purpose, “Grade C” in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in previous HKCEE is accepted administratively as comparable to “Level 3” in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth);
(6) be proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese; and
(7) be proficient in using Microsoft Office applications.
(1) “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2)The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3)‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
The successful candidate will be required to (a) provide administrative and executive support to the implementation of the Signature Project Scheme of Tuen Mun District; (b) assist in the organization, monitoring and evaluation of community involvement projects; (c) provide administrative and logistic support for Tuen Mun District Council (DC) and its Committees/ Working Groups; (d) assist in the processing of applications and reimbursement claims for all DC-funded community involvement projects; and (e) perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Terms of Appointment:
Summer interns are engaged under non-civil service appointment. Employment period is from early July to mid-September 2015. They are normally required to work 44 hours per week.
Rest day, statutory holidays, general holidays, sickness days, where appropriate, will be granted to successful candidates in line with the provisions in the Employment Ordinance.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
(a) Hong Kong students studying in local post-secondary institutions should apply through the Student Affairs Offices/Career Centres of their respective institutions. They are advised to note the deadlines set by the respective institutions. Direct applications from local students will not be considered.
(b) Students studying in non-local post-secondary institutions should download the application form from the Civil Service Bureau's web site (http://www.csb.gov.hk/english/admin/appoint/782.html). Completed application form together with copies of academic transcripts of current study and certificates of HKDSEE/HKCEE or equivalent, should reach the enquiry address below by post on or before 26.5.2015 (according to postmark) via their respective institutions or by themselves with the original copy of a reference letter issued by their respective institutions. Please mark “Application for Summer Intern” on the envelope.
(c) Applicants are reminded to provide a valid email address to facilitate communication.
(d) Applications which are late, incomplete or without the required supporting documents (including the designated application form and/or reference letter) will not be considered.
(e) Applicants who are not invited for interview within four weeks from the closing date may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
(f) Candidates should bring along the following documents when attending the interview: (i) HKID Card; and (ii) original of the academic transcripts of current study and certificates of HKDSEE/HKCEE or equivalent.
(g) Chinese typing test will be required during the interview.
Tuen Mun District Office
2/F., Tuen Mun Government Offices
1 Tuen Hi Road
Tuen Mun, N.T.