Applicants should –
(1) be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region;
(2) be post-secondary students pursuing a full-time Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Media and Communication, Digital / Interactive / Creative Media Management, Advertising, Public Relations, or related disciplines;
(3) be proceeding to the third or final year of study in 2015/16;
(4) have obtained Level 3 or above in both Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) or equivalent (Note: for appointment purpose, “Grade C” in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in previous HKCEE is accepted administratively as comparable to “Level 3” in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth);
(5) have good communication, planning and presentation skills;
(6) be proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese;
(7) be creative and sensitive to current trends on the Internet and social media platforms;
(8) have good Internet search skills; and
(9) be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Chinese word processing.
The successful candidate will be required to:
(1) assist in implementing the promotion campaign for the retail industry;
(2) conduct research on various topics, such as the retail industry, publicity channels, youngsters, etc;
(3) coordinate content for sharing on the website, social media platforms and other online channels;
(4) explore trends and advertising strategies on the Internet and social media; and
(5) perform any other duties assigned.
Terms of Appointment:
Internship period is from early June to late July 2015 for around two months. Interns are normally required to work 44 hours per week. The actual hours of work may vary depending on the operational needs. Overtime work, if necessary, will be compensated by time-off in lieu.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications, if appropriate. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
• Students studying in local post-secondary institutions should apply through the Student Affairs Offices/Career Centres of their respective institutions. They are advised to note the deadlines set by the respective institutions. (Direct applications from students are not accepted.)
• Students studying in non-local post-secondary institutions should download the application form from the CSB’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk/english/admin/appoint/782.html). Completed application form together with copies of academic transcripts and certificates of HKDSEE/HKCEE or equivalent should reach the enquiry address specified below by post on or before 22 May 2015 (according to the postmark). Applicants should clearly mark “Application for Post-Secondary Student Summer Internship Programme” on the envelope. Applications which are incomplete, not accompanied by the required documents or late will not be considered.
• Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation by email in about three weeks from the closing date for application. The interview is expected to be conducted in late May 2015 in Hong Kong. Candidates who are not invited for invitation may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. For enquiries, please call 3655 5186.
Personnel Section, Commerce, Industry and Tourism Branch, Commerce and Economic Development Bureau, 23/F, West Wing, Central Government Offices, 2 Tim Mei Avenue, Tamar, Hong Kong