Post-Secondary Student Summer Internship (Tai Po District Office)
$9,200 per month
(1) be Hong Kong Permanent Residents who are students currently enrolled in full-time degree courses in Public Administration and related subjects of post-secondary institutions locally or overseas;
(2) be student of Year 2 or above;
(3) meet the language proficiency requirement of Chinese Language and English Language at 'Level 3' or above in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE), or equivalent;
(4) have good communication skills and fluency in spoken Cantonese is essential;
(5) have an independent and outgoing character; and
(6) produce certificates issued by the appropriate authority of his/her post-secondary institutions certifying his/her student status in the institution.
Preference may be given to applicants with active participation in extra-curricular activities.
(1) “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2)The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3)‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
The successful candidate will be required to
(a) assist in the preparation for and conduct of election-related duties;
(b) handle enquiries and complaints;
(c) provide general administrative and management support, such as project planning, resource and records management, compilation of reports etc.;
(d) perform outdoor work as required; and
(e) perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for around July to August 2015. The interns are normally required to work 44 hours per week.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
(1) Hong Kong students studying full-time degree courses in local post-secondary institutions should apply through the Student Affairs Offices/Career Centres of their respective institutions. They are advised to note the deadlines set by the respective institutions. Direct applications from students are not accepted.
(2) In view of the time required in overseas mailing, students studying in non-local post-secondary institutions should e-mail their application (http://www.csb.gov.hk/english/admin/appoint/files/Standard_Application_Form.doc) with a copy of the certificate of their student status of their institutions to email@example.com after sending it by post. Applications not accompanied by the required documents and late applications will not be considered.
(3) To facilitate communication, applicants are reminded to provide their phone number, e-mail address and/or fax number on the attached application form.
Note: Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly in accordance with Home Affairs Department’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request. You may contact District Secretary of Tai Po District Office.
All students studying in the local post-secondary institutions should observe the deadline set by the Student Affairs Offices/Career Centres of their respective institutions for applications.
Personnel Section, Tai Po District Office, 2/F, Tai Po Government Offices Building, 1 Ting Kok Road, Tai Po, N.T.