(1) be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region;
(2) be full-time students currently enrolled in accredited degree programmes offered by local/non-local post-secondary institutions;
(3) be studying in the second year or above (but not the final year) and majoring in Translation, English Studies;
(4) have obtained Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (“HKDSEE”) or the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (“HKCEE”), or equivalent [see Note];
(5) Good command of written and spoken Chinese and English; and
(6) Good computer knowledge including MS Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese Word Processing.
‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(1) To assist in the translation of District Council’s papers;
(2) To attend meetings of District Council and its committees when required; and
(3) To perform any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Terms of Appointment:
(1) will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms from July to August 2015;
(2) are required to work at the Wan Chai District Office;
(3) are normally required to work 44 hours per week, inclusive of meal breaks; and
(4) may also be required to work outside normal office hours, including weekends and public holidays; overtime work, where necessary, will be compensated by time-off in lieu.
Summer interns :
(1) are eligible for rest days, statutory holidays and general holidays;
(2) are subject to the Mandatory Provident Fund Scheme Ordinance (Cap. 485).
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
(1) Applicants studying in local post-secondary institutions
- Applications should be submitted through the Student Affairs Offices / Career Centres of their respective institutions by the closing dates set by the respective institutions. Applications submitted directly to the Wan Chai District Office will not be considered.
(2) Applicants studying in non-local post-secondary institutions
- Application forms can be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk/english/admin/appoint/782.html).Completed application forms together with copies of official transcript of studies, a student certification letter and resume should reach the enquiry address below by post by the closing date (The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application). Please specify on the envelope “Application for Post-Secondary Student Summer Internship Programme 2015”. Applications which are late, incomplete, without relevant supporting documents and/or submitted by fax or e-mail will not be considered.
- Interview is not required. Applicants who have not been informed by 30 June 2015 may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Wan Chai District Office, 21/F, Southorn Centre, 130 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong