(1) be Hong Kong Permanent Residents who are students currently enrolled in full-time degree courses in Social Work & Social Administration, Sociology and related subject(s) of post-secondary institutions locally or overseas;
(2) be student of Year 2 or above in the school year 2015-16;
(3) meet the language proficiency requirement of Chinese Language and English Language at 'Level 3' or above in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE), or equivalent;
(4) have good knowledge in using computer softwares, including MS Excel, Powerpoint and Chinese Word processing; and
(5) have an independent and outgoing character; and
(6) produce certificates issued by the appropriate authority of his/her post-secondary institutions certifying his/her student status in the institution.
Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly in accordance with Home Affairs Department’s personal data policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request. You may contact the Personnel Section of the Kowloon City District Office -
Address: Kowloon City District Office, 8/F, Kowloon City Government Offices, 42 Bailey Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon.
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Enquiries Tel. No. : 2621 3435
Fax No.: 2621 3199
The successful candidate will be required to:-
(a) assist in the preparation for programmes related to youth development network;
(b) manage a Facebook account for keeping updated information of the network;
(c) provide general administrative and management support, such as project planning, resource and records management, compilation of reports etc.;
(d) perform outdoor work as required; and
(e) perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
Terms of Appointment:
Post-Secondary Student Summer Interns are engaged under non-civil service appointment. Employment period is from July to August 2015.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
(h) Interviews will be conducted in June 2015. Those who have not been invited for interview by late June 2015 may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
How to apply:
(1) Hong Kong students studying full-time degree courses in local post-secondary institutions should apply through the Student Affairs Offices/Career Centres of their respective institutions. They are advised to note the deadlines set by the respective institutions.
(2) In view of the time required in overseas mailing, students studying in non-local post-secondary institutions should fax or e-mail their application (http://www.csb.gov.hk/english/admin/appoint/files/Standard_Application_Form.doc) with a copy of the certificate of their student status of their institutions to the following address after sending it by post. Applications not accompanied by the required documents and late applications will not be considered.
(3) To facilitate communication, applicants are reminded to provide their e-mail address, phone number and/or fax number on the attached application form.
(4) Applications which are late, incomplete or without copies of the required documents (including application form and copy of the certificate of their student status of their institutions) will not be considered.
Kowloon City District Office, 8/F, Kowloon City Goverment Offices, 42 Bailey Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon (Attn: Personnel Section)