(1) be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region;
(2) be post-secondary students pursuing a full-time Bachelor’s degree in the Information Technology (IT) discipline;
(3) be in their second year of study for students under the 3-year university curriculum, or in their third year of study for students under the 4-year university curriculum;
(4) have good communication skills; and
(5) have basic knowledge of Windows platform operating system.
The successful candidate will be required to:
(1) provide supporting service for mobile access to office email;
(2) assist in computer programs development, system testing and maintenance of IT applications;
(3) assist in IT inventory management and regular processing of security patch updates; and
(4) assist in providing IT supporting and help desk services.
Terms of Appointment:
Internship period is from early July to late August 2015 for around two months. Interns are normally required to work 44 hours per week. The actual hours of work may vary depending on the operational needs. Overtime work, if necessary, will be compensated by time-off in lieu.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend selection interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications, if appropriate.
How to apply:
• Students studying in local post-secondary institutions should apply through the Student Affairs Offices/Career Centres of their respective institutions. They are advised to note the deadlines set by the respective institutions. (Direct applications from students are not accepted.)
• Students studying in non-local post-secondary institutions should download the application form from the CSB’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk/english/admin/appoint/782.html). Completed application form together with copies of academic qualification certificates, academic transcripts and a reference letter issued by their respective institutions should reach the enquiry address specified below by post on or before 8 May 2015 (according to the postmark). Applicants should clearly mark “Application for Post-Secondary Student Summer Internship Programme” on the envelope. Applications which are incomplete, not accompanied by the required documents or late will not be considered.
• Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation by email in about three weeks from the closing date for application. The interview is expected to be conducted in early June 2015 in Hong Kong. Candidates who have not received an invitation for interview by late June 2015 may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Information Technology Management Unit, Civil Service Bureau, Room 613, 6/F, West Wing, Central Government Offices, 2 Tim Mei Avenue, Tamar, Hong Kong