Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency
Student Finance Office
Temporary Worker (3 to 4-month contract)
$9,975 per month
(1) Completed Primary 6 education, or equivalent;
(2) Be able to communicate in Cantonese and simple English;
(3) Be able to read and write Chinese and simple English; and
(4) Candidates with relevant work experience and satisfactory job records are preferred.
(1) Applicants must provide the supporting documents proving that they have attained the above-mentioned academic qualifications and working experience. Applications will not be considered if the applicants fail to provide the supporting documents.
(2) There may be a trade test at the interview.
(1) To perform indoor and outdoor duties relating to receipt, dispatch and delivery of incoming and outgoing correspondences, forms and documents.
(2) To conduct sample check and quality checking of the pre-printed household application forms at the production site of the printing contractor.
(3) To provide general support to processing teams including unsealing and sorting of incoming correspondences, forms and letters, printing and photocopying of documents, enveloping letters, mailing and escorting the delivery of letters to the Post Office.
(4) To provide general housekeeping duties including loading and unloading of forms and stores, as well as moving office furniture and equipment.
(5) To perform other general administration support and ad hoc duties as assigned.
Terms of Appointment:
(a) The successful candidate(s) will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for 3 to 4 months.
(b) Successful candidates will be required to work 45 hours net per week (excluding meal breaks)
10 days of annual leave (on pro-rata basis, provided that the aggravate employment period is not less than 3 months) whereas rest days, public holidays, maternity leave and sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in accordance with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
Application forms [G.F.340 (Rev.3/2013)] are obtainable from Public Enquiry Service Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The application form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms, together with photocopies of academic result/certificates and employment proof (e.g. employment certificates, reference letters, etc), should reach the address below not later than 24 July 2015. Please state “Application for Temporary Worker” on the envelope. Applicants who are not invited to an interview within 3 weeks from the closing date of application may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. Applications which are late or not duly signed will not be considered.
Student Finance Office, 12/F., Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon (Attn: Personnel Section).