$12,395 per month
* Extra training allowances will be paid to candidates who have attended the training courses with satisfactory performance in venues provided by the Census and Statistics Department and have reported for duty.
Applicants must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment. Applicants should possess a mature personality with the ability to work independently, and fulfill the following criteria:
(a) Have Level 2 or equivalent (Note 1) or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) (Note 2), or equivalent; or Level 2 (Note 3) / Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) (Note 2), or equivalent; and
(b) Meet the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 (Note 3) or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent; and
(c) Be able to read and write Chinese and English, and be fluent in Cantonese, Putonghua and English; and
(d) Possess basic computer operation knowledge.
Priority will be given to the following applicants:
(a) Being unemployed at the time of application; or
(b) Can provide document proof for
(i) having at least two years’ work experience related to fieldwork in statistical surveys; or
(ii) having at least two years’ work experience related to customer services; or
(iii) having fieldwork experience in the 2016 Population By-census or household surveys conducted by the Census and Statistics Department in the past 5 years.
(1) For appointment purpose, “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2) The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3) For appointment purpose, ‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(1) To perform fieldwork in designated special areas;
(2) To obtain census data through field visits or telephone interviews; and
(3) To follow up on self-enumerated cases through telephone or field visits.
For details, please visit https://www.census2021.gov.hk/en/recruitment.html
Terms of Appointment:
(1) Successful candidate will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms from 17 July 2021 to 4 August 2021 (19 days, incl. 2 rest days)
(2) The appointee will be required to work 9 hours per day, usually 13:00 to 22:00, and will be required to work irregular hours.
* The normal working hours may be varied to meet operational requirements.
Rest days and alternative holidays, if applicable, will be pre-arranged within the employment period, subject to the actual circumstances such as weather conditions and work arrangements.
(1) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(2) Terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(3) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(4) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete online exercise(s).
(5) It is a Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to complete online exercise(s) without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
2021 Population Census Office
39/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong