Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency
Student Finance Office
Assistant Information Technology Officer (Application Development) (one-year contract)
HK$27,120 per month
(1) have a local degree or a higher diploma, or equivalent in IT-related disciplines;
(2) possess good oral and written communication skills in both Chinese and English, with Grade “E” or above in both Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent. For those sitting for HKCEE or Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education in 2007 or after, at Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language;
(3) possess a minimum of 3 years’ post-qualification solid IT working experience of which 2 years must be in similar post and in comparable capacity;
(4) possess a minimum of 1 year's application development experience in PL/SQL with Oracle RDBMS, Java EE programming, or JasperReports;
(5) experience or working knowledge in at least one of these areas :
Java Programming under Linux with Oracle RDBMS
Web development with Java EE (JSF, EJB and JPA)
(6) possess good customer service, inter-personal and analytical skills;
(7) be responsible, self-motivated and enthusiastic; and
(8) work experience with/in government will be an advantage.
Supporting Document: Applicants must provide supporting documents proving that they have obtained the above-mentioned academic qualifications and working experience. Applications will not be considered if applicants fail to provide such documents.
(1) To conduct requirement analysis, system design, programming, testing, training and on-going maintenance of software applications;
(2) To provide system and operational support, perform daily system administration and conduct acceptance tests for hardware and software;
(3) To troubleshoot system problems and perform system and database tuning;
(4) To support disaster recovery activities; and
(5) To perform other IT-related duties.
Terms of Appointment:
The successful candidate(s) will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for a one-year period.
(1) A gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the contract with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. The amount of gratuity payable will be the sum which, when added to the Government’s contribution to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance (Cap. 485), equals to 10% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period; and
(2) 14 days of annual leave whereas rest days, public holidays, maternity leave and sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in accordance with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
Application forms [G.F.340 (Rev.3/2013)] are obtainable from Public Enquiry Service Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The application form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Completed forms, together with detailed resume and copies of academic certificates/result slips and employment proof (i.e. employment certificates, reference letters, etc), should reach the address below not later than 27 July 2015 Please state “Application for AITO (Application Development)” on the envelope. Applicants who are not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date for application may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Student Financial Office, Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency, 12/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon (Attn: Personnel Section)
Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s):
South China Morning Post (Classified) (11 and 18 July 2015)